Last Updated: Mar 2nd, 2015 - 11:19:58
Our customer is looking for a development manager with extensive experience in defining desktop and web-enabled applications. The customer is a leading web development and consulting firm in the Chicago area. They provide custom application development that delivers key solutions to their customers.
This exciting position would consist of the following role:
- Development Manager Role:
During the requirements phase of a project, works with business stakeholders to understand system functionality & requirements in order to then derive the technical specifications. Then coordinate with developers to assure that there is a clear understanding of all functional requirements to create the functional specifications for development teams. Finally, during the development phase, serve as a liaison between development and business customers to help resolve conflicting design/functional requirements.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in a technical field (computer science or comparable experience).
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on work experience in assisting team members to program and developing desktop and web applications, 5 years preferable.
- Ability to handle several projects at any given stage.
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing.
- Motivation to be a self-starter to meet the needs of customers.
- Excellent foundation of programming concepts and methods.
- Demonstrated understanding of both development and QA processes.
- Ability to understand complex business problems and translate into appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications as well as assist in envisioning scope of projects.
Additional attributes at which we look favorably include:
- Programming experience with Microsoft VB.NET and/or C#.NET.
- Database experience with Microsoft Access and SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
- Experience in a Microsoft development environment using tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio IDE and Visual Source Safe.
- Demonstrated ability to create Windows and Web forms with connectivity to SQL Server using .NET languages.
- Demonstrated experience with the creation as well as consumption of Web Services.
- Understanding of full lifecycle development using the Microsoft Solution Framework (MSF).
- Microsoft developer certification, e.g. MCTS, MCPD, MCAD, MCSD.
In addition to compensation, they offer an energetic work environment, an insurance program that covers health, vision and dental, and a 401(k) retirement program.
Submit your resume today!!
Top of Page