Last Updated: Mar 13th, 2018 - 16:19:34
Account Manager / Business Development Manager
Our customer, who has a corporate office in the suburbs of Chicago and a sales office in the heart of the loop, is currently looking for a strong Business Development Manager to join them full time. The Account Manager will serve as a liaison between the company’s strategic customers and their technical staff. The individual will be responsible for qualifying new engagements as well as ensuring the successful completion of projects.
The company is a leading web development/consulting firm in the Chicago area. They provide custom applications that deliver key solutions to their customers.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monitor a targeted list of current projects to ensure successful completion
- Maintain a database of future opportunities for timely follow up
- Communicate with stakeholders at each customer location to support an open dialog on any issues
- Seek customer approval on change requests and then route these internally
- Coordinate project delivery schedules and budget tracking with internal teams
- Provide weekly status reports to the company’s management
- Maintain ultimate responsibility for the success and customer satisfaction of your customers
- Able to work in fast-paced, self-directed entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Ms Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills.
- Prominent organization and presentation skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Highly energetic and self-starter.
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Able to multi-task the activities with shifting priorities.
- Should be honest, assertive and systematic.
Understanding of software implementation:
- Understanding of and experience in the consulting process
- Business acumen and experience working in a selling cycle
- Ability to act as an expert advisor
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in a technical field (computer science or comparable experience).
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on work experience in sales operation, account management and/or project management, 5 years preferable.
- Ability to handle several projects at any given stage.
- Articulate and able to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing.
- Motivation to be a self-starter to meet the needs of customers.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extensive knowledge of Word Wide Web and Social Media
Submit your resume today!!
Top of Page