Category: Information Technology
Last Updated: Mar 2nd, 2015 - 11:20:29
Senior Java Developer
Our customer is looking for a senior developer with extensive programming experience in using Java for developing web-enabled applications.
The company is a leading web development/consulting firm in the Chicago area. Over the last 18 years, they have specialized in automating business processes by developing desktop applications and building web browser-based solutions. They provide custom applications that deliver key solutions to their customers.
This exciting position is ideal for an expert Java developer will anticipate technological evolutions, create independence with regard to API/framework providers, promote generic design and abstraction, and create a bridge between developers, project managers, and business analysts. The candidates should have accumulated a vast amount of experience and have a good feel for what is required of a solid enterprise foundation. This experience must ideally cover a variety of platforms and products, as well as knowledge about the lifecycle of an application, including scalable interfacing between systems.
During the requirements phase of a project, the ideal candidate will work with business stakeholders to understand system functionality & requirements in order to then derive the technical specifications. Then coordinate with developers to assure that there is a clear understanding of all functional requirements to create the functional specifications for development teams. Finally, during the development phase, serve as a liaison between development and business customers to help resolve conflicting design/functional requirements.
The candidate will also have a strong technical foundation in Java Technologies, the Java Spring 3.1 framework, as well as use of MVC Concepts, the use of Ajax for service calls and the use of JDBC plug-in against Oracle.
Qualified candidates will possess:
• An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in a technical field (computer science or comparable experience).
• Minimum 5 years of hands-on work experience in programming and developing desktop and web applications, 7 years preferable.
• Ability to handle several projects at any given stage.
• Articulate and able to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing.
• Motivation to be a self-starter to meet the needs of customers.
• Excellent foundation of programming concepts and methods.
• Demonstrated understanding of both development and QA processes.
• Ability to understand complex business problems and translate into appropriate technical solutions.
• Ability to translate functional requirements into technical specifications as well as assist in envisioning scope of projects.
• Programming experience with Java Spring 3.1.
• Database experience with Oracle.
Additional attributes at which we look favorably include
• Demonstrated experience with the creation as well as consumption of Web Services.
• Understanding of full lifecycle development using MVC.
• Experience in Jasper Reports.
The company offers excellent benefits, compensation, an energetic work environment, an insurance program that covers health, vision and dental, and a 401(k) retirement program.
Submit your resume today!
Top of Page