Category: Information Technology
Last Updated: Jul 1st, 2014 - 08:16:26
Principal Software Engineer-Framework Architect
The framework architect brings leadership experience to the abstraction and encapsulation of the messaging layer from the client side applications. The framework needs to support flexibility & extensibility on the application development end. At the same time, it needs to be both robust and scalable while interacting with the low level message bus. The framework must functionally also interact with various kinds and sources of data and retain pertinent updates in quick access shared memory,
The ability to reconfigure the framework so it quickly supports filtering, sorting, aggregating and consolidating of business data when needs change is essential. Candidate should proactively gather the needs of the business translate them into design documents and lead the implementation of the system.
Desired Candidate Attributes
- Prefer candidates with strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of multi-threading, shared memory, pub/sub architecture and low level operating system ins and outs is a must
- Superior knowledge of object orientated design patterns and architecture with demonstrable proof of “build-deploy-support” type of prior work experience in the trading industry is essential
- Hands on ability to “dive in” to and understand existing code, and work independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player willing to take on responsibility for supporting and enhancing the mission critical trading operations of the firm
Technical knowledge and Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university in computer science, engineering, physics, mathematics or related field. MS is a plus.
- Minimum five years experience designing and implementing software solutions in C++/C#
- Minimum five years architectural experience on scalable, distributed enterprise solutions
- Experience leading teams of developers, creating project plans and executing to the plan
- Good working knowledge of relational databases (MS SQL preferred)
- Excellent working knowledge of messaging architectures
For immediate consideration please forward resume today!
Code RJP M23
Top of Page